Expectations of the Head of School
Effective Christian school leadership realizes the vision and meets the expectations of its board, fulfills the needs of its students, and responds to the input of its faculty, administration, parents, and other constituent groups.
The board expects the Head of School to:
- Live out a strong and vibrant faith through spiritual leadership.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to a Reformed Biblical Worldview.
- Be a member of a church that is committed to one or more of the historical Reformed confessions. These confessions are found in documents such as Heidelberg Catechism, The Belgic Confession, The Canons of Dordt, The Westminster Confession and the Westminster Catechism.
- Promote spiritual growth in students and develop a healthy student culture.
- Establish a strong and effective administrative team.
- Possess a Master’s degree in administration, with preferred experience in educational leadership.
- Create a culture for spiritual and curricular instruction driven by biblically-based, Christ-centered principles while understanding and embracing our vision and mission.
- Exhibit exemplary decision making, conflict resolution, communication and relational skills.
- Inspire, motivate, encourage and lead the faculty and staff, walking alongside them through new and challenging opportunities while fostering effective professional development.
- Tangibly assist the Board in benchmarking a strategic roadmap supporting our school improvement plan.
- Relentlessly strive for, and push our administration, faculty, and students toward, our maximum academic potential.
- Reflect a working knowledge of trends in curriculum, instruction, and assessment and an ability to implement best practices in the classroom.
- Develop a long-term endowment strategy to keep Christian education affordable for everyone.
Crown Point Christian School is an association of evangelical Christians committed to providing a biblically based, Christ-centered education that partners with parents in preparing children spiritually, socially, academically, and physically to honor God in all aspects of life.
Questions & How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to begin your application. If you have further questions after reviewing the material, please click here to contact us.